Great Value for Irwindale Landlords
The present day area encompassing Irwindale was originally part of the Mexican land grants by Alta California Governor Juan Alvarado of Rancho La Puente, Rancho Azusa de Dalton, Rancho Azusa de Duarte, and Rancho San Francisquito. was first settled by the families of Gregorio Fraijo and Fecundo Ayon in the 1850s. Significant economic growth did not arrive until the advent of the automobile, which drove up demand for the area's rocks and sand for the paving of roads. The city was incorporated on August 6, 1957.
Irwindale took advantage of urban redevelopment laws starting in 1976, and prospered in the following decade; it attracted a 200-acre (81 ha) Miller Brewing Company plant, the corporate headquarters of Home Savings of America, and other companies.