Great Value for Dublin Landlords
In 1835, José María Amador was granted 16,500 acres for his service as a Mexican soldier and in Mission San Jose where he was administrator in the valley which was named Amador Valley after him. In 1850, Irish settlers bought land from Amador and founded a town.
Several historical sites are preserved and located where Dublin Boulevard is crossed by Donlan Way, itself formerly the northernmost segment of the main road to Sunol and Niles Canyon (present-day Foothill Road):
Dublin Boulevard, a generally east–west road running just north of Interstate 580, was a part of the Lincoln Highway and later U.S. Route 50. The street formerly curved southward near today's Hansen Drive to follow present-day Dublin Canyon Road toward Hayward.
In 1960, the first housing tracts were built in West Dublin, transforming the formerly rural community into a suburb. It grew steadily from the early 1960s onward as both a residential and retail center. The City became incorporated in February 1982.
Although a post office operated from 1860 to 1908 in Dougherty, which broke off from Dublin, Dublin's first post office was opened in 1963, and is still in operation today.